March 08, 2013

Hailey's heart appointment & Hannah's second hearing test

   After my pediatrican told me they the last scan Hailey got wasn't that great and that they were really concerned about her PDA and wanted to see the pulmonary stenosis, I thought we had better spend the night in Victoria the day before the appointment. Nothings worse then a cranky 2 year old after a 3 hour drive.... So Hailey, blondy, gingy and I stayed at Jeneeces place..
   Hailey woke up more then a new born that night.. I would bring her to my bed so she didn't keep disturbing everyone else . She would calm down go back to sleep and then a little while after that would get mad that she wasn't in her crib and couldn't stretch out freely.. So I would put her back in the crib. Then a short while after that she would wake up again and we would do it all over. She woke up for good at 5:30.. She always sleeps past 7. So I spend the morning very over tired worrying that she will be to cranky to corporate in the appointment..


an hour into waiting someone put on dora for the girls to watch.

Then we spend close to two hours waiting for the doctor.. for a scheduled appointment..... To then be told my daughter is good... well not good, but that she didn't need her PDA closed, it was his opinion that it was shrinking and he couldn't hear it when he listened to her chest. He said that the Pulmonary stenosis most likly wouldnt get worse if it hadn't gotten any worse already and that he would like to see her again in a months time. There was no scan done... just a quick listen to her chest..  and by this point im SO over tired and annoyed that my pediatrician told me the complete opposite of what he was telling me.. This pointless appointment used up 12 hours of my nursing time leaving me with a fair amount of gaps in this months nursing.


 While I was there I figured I might as well ask questions about Hannah since I had never actually met him and  shes her cardiologist . I asked if when she start to get healthier I would see her meds decrease like her sidenifal.. He didn't seem to think it would ever decrease making me think shes going to be on this med for the rest of her life... He also said to me that it was his opinion that she might never get ride of her trach because of her pulmonary hypertension .. and I'm going to choose to ignore his opinion about her trach because he's a cardiologist.
  The only plus side to this appointment in Victoria was that I got to stop by the court house and pick up the court order proving I have custody!!!




video
After our pointless appointment we went and fed ducks.. 
only seagulls are like  vulchers and it turns out im afraid of them


  Hannah had her second hearing test in the last two months.. She still has fluid in her ears and was failing to hear quit noises. They put this head piece on her head and she couldn't heard the quietest noise.. So I instantly start to freak out.. no one explained to me what this head piece was so I automatically thought it meant she needs hearing aids... false alarm, it was testing her if her ear drums worked under all the fluid.. like how they would work if their wasn't fluid. So that's great!
  We go for another hearing test in 3 months and if nothing changed then we meet with ENT for what to do next.... most likely tubes in her ears.

Her glasses are getting a little to short for her head now so after the hearing appointment we went to try on glasses.





3 comments:

  1. Contnue to be strong for you bgirls. They need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome amazing woman with two very beautiful daughters <3 Always praying,sending lots of love and hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website is too good.I like your post nice job.. ..

    ReplyDelete