July 27, 2012

QA Newsletter

The Queen Alexandra Foundation came to Jeneece place today. Took one of my favourite pictures ever of my and Hailey and interviewed me for the Queen Alexandra foundation donors news letter.

On a side note.. I've been arguing with the doctors about what we should do with Hailey, Daycare no daycare, volunteers watch her ect. What I want is to have a few volunteers watch her over the next week or how ever long untill the double stroller is ready and im fully "trained". Then I want to start taking her for walks with a nurse, just a few times with a nurse. But what I would really like the plan to be is that I can bring Hannah to Jeneece place take her meds and equipment with me ALONE and bring her back to the hospital when needed or at night. I asked the doctor about this and he was very iffy on letting me go alone and questioned what if something happens to Hannah what would you do with Hailey? Well, what would I do at home? If you cant see your self ever being comfortable letting us go on a walk or go to jeneece place that is on hospital property not even 5 minute walk to the main entrance, why are you "planning" for us to go home?
I think it is a great idea. I would be forced to use all the home equipment(Feeding pump, ventilator, small travel humidifier I forgot the name of, home suction machine) . Plus I'll admit I have got really use to letting the nurses take care of Hannah, being at jeneece place would give me a chance to have no nurses around and have full mommy duty's.

Hannah's toy heaven 


                                                                                   Hospital day 469
1 year 3 months 13 days


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,

    I just read a few of your posts and I wanted to say that I think you are AMAZING and an inspiration and that your doctors sound like total jerks. They need to be FEEDING your self-confidence, not detracting from it!! I have complete confidence that once you get Hannah out of there you will feel much more capable and confident as a mother to your two beautiful baby girls. Mothers who've never even contemplated the struggles you've been through have done it; I see no reason why you can't. Just smile and nod the next time they are jerks to you! And if you ever need advice from twin mamas with kids with functional needs, don't hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete