April 27, 2012

Blood

I can finally donate blood and since the blood donation place is right next door to the children's hospital I  really should. I`v wanted to donate ever since Hannah started getting blood transfusions when she was first born. My blood type is O- and I am unsure what their fathers blood type is but the girls blood type turned out to be O+ so I had to get the RH shot. The RH shot effects your blood for the next year so you are unable to give blood.. but my time is up. :)


I was looking up websites of things you should go before giving blood, like what you should eat or drink. I found this website and it scares the bejesus out of me, even the way they explain the needle makes it sound scary but its just like a regular blood test needle. (http://www.wikihow.com/Prepare-to-Donate-Blood ) I`m not sure if my Iron will be high enough but if not ill start taking iron pills and try again next time my moms in town for the weekend. As long as this doesn't turn out to be a traumatizing experience I would like to give blood ever time I can till Hannah goes home(I think its every 56 or 76 days).

 My moms here this weekend so Saturday I`m going to try and give blood and my mom can watch Hailey after.

No comments:

Post a Comment